Help us find the best Sonic Fan Games

Screenager

Help us find the best Sonic Fan Games

Postby Screenager » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm

For an upcoming issue, I'm looking to do a round-up of Sonic Fan games.

While I've narrowed down a number of potential candidates, the scene is vast, so I was hoping to get some of you involved by asking you to post details of any fan games you've played and liked on here so I can check them out.

I'd be happy to look at unfinished or abandoned projects as long as they're playable, but I'm only looking for serious games. There's a time and place for Sanic, and this aint it! :D

Just in the interests of full disclosure, if you recommend us a game and we end up including it, we may print your social media/forum handle or first name and initial in the mag. Your 15 minutes of fame could well start here.

Fire away.
- Dan

Proud purveyor of videogame-related fact, fiction and everything in-between. Mega Visions staffer, Sonic nostalgic and RTS buff. Comitted StarCraft II fanboy.

I am the voice of the eclipse.

Kaizarus

Re: Help us find the best Sonic Fan Games

Postby Kaizarus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 am

Always happy to recommend Lake Feperd's trio of Sonic Before/After the sequel, and the more exploration based Chrono Adventure.

Mega CD version of Sonic Megamix turned out pretty good too!

Would be extremely interested in reading a round-up of the best out there :D

MrHaru

Re: Help us find the best Sonic Fan Games

Postby MrHaru » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm actually curious about great fan games because I caught a glimpse of some of them actually being made into working Genesis carts, and one goal i want to accomplish one day is become a Genesis completionist. I'd like to buy some homebrew carts of the better Sonic fan games and a few I saw in a video while looking for TooManyGames footage (cuz I want to go to the convention one day) are some I saw Somecallmejohnny play in his Sonic Hacking Contest videos.