Atlus and SNK just dropped a pretty slick trailer showcasing The King of Fighters XIV’s Team Fatal Fury, made up of Terry and Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi, kicking some major ass. But if that’s not enough, Atlus has also announced an equally ass-kicking premium edition called “Burn to Fight.”
The “Burn to Fight” premium edition will cost $79.99 and the regular edition $59.99 when it releases on Aug. 23 on the PlayStation 4 and will include:
- A steelbook case featuring Kyo Kusanagi on the cover
- A 144-page art book featuring original character and stage drawings from the series’ history
- A three-disc soundtrack that includes more than 60 songs from the game
- A collector’s box with many of the series’ most popular characters emblazoned on it.
The King of Fighters XIV pre-orders and a limited amount of launch editions will come in the steelbook case. Plus, during the week following the game’s launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be made free.
The game retains the series’ standard 3-on-3 fighting system and will feature 50 fighters, 19 of whom will be brand new to the series.
Check out the feature rundown:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of King of Fighters‘s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since The King of Fighters ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The The King of Fighters Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous The King of Fighterstournament. Now a worldwide business, the global The King of Fighters will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the The King of Fighters series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: The King of Fighters XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. The King of Fighters XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online The King of Fighters XIV profile to connect with friends.
[Editor’s note: This article has been updated with a corrected price for the premium edition, which was missing in the press release.]