While multiple members of the Mega Visions staff have been loving the recently released Panzer Dragoon Remake, there was still room for improvement. Forever Entertainment heard the concerns and happily obliged in a recent gigantic update including everything from cheat codes and camera updates, to adding Episode 0 seen previously in the original game. A full list of updates can be seen below or in Forever Entertainment’s twitter thread.
I loaded the game myself and can vouch that the controls feel much more responsive, the camera is snappier, and the retro reticle makes a difference for old-school Saturn fans like myself. Scroll down to see the full list of changes, along with a discount!
The update includes:
– Episode 0
– Super Weapon Mode
– New gameplay options: rumble, classic reticle, auto-aim zoom, HUD toggle, performance mode (60FPS)
– Cheatcodes in the main menu allowing the player to cheat in a campaign (god mode, infinite credits, super weapon mode)
– Gyroscope controls
– SFX system and sounds rework
– Multi-button fire (A and B)
– Input lag removed from all actions
– Camera rotation speed increased
– Easier and more responsive targeting system
– Full options access trough pause menu
– Blue Dragon motion re-work
– Start language based on console account language
– New, reworked Pandora’s Box is now available after beating the game at any difficulty
As you can see, that’s a big update! If you waited to grab the remake then now is the time to do so. The update is now live North America, European, and Australian regions with the Japanese version awaiting Nintendo’s approval.
Forever Entertainment also added a bonus Owner’s Discount of 20% off over 60 FE titles. So if you own any of those titles listed on the Panzer Dragoon Remake eShop page then you get 20% off the remake! So not only is the game updated, but also cheaper! This is the best time to hop on your dragon and stick it to the imperial empire!