When Shenmue first came out on Dreamcast, the game featured four (count ’em, FOUR!) discs of gameplay, with the fourth being a CD for bonus content. You could replay the music you collected, watch Shenmue‘s cutscenes, and listen to Shenmue‘s cast of characters explaining different facets of the game. You could even connect to the internet (via modem) and read up on every citizen of Yokosuka, right down to their blood type.
This year, a group of Shenmue fans came together to resurrect the Shenmue Passport for mobile devices. Titled Suka Pass, it features all of the original content, along with some additional touches of their own.
Suka Pass brings a blast from the past, in the form of a fan-made unofficial Passport. Re-built from the ground up, staying faithful to the original look and feel, but with the convenience of supporting modern touch devices.
* A full character Information database, with high-resolution models, voices and backstories
* Music player (50+ tracks)
* Theater section (40 cut scene and promotional videos)
* Character Information (All 7 information videos)
* Data review (Keep track of your own personal application stats, and view a real example)
* Community section
+ loads more!
The app is now available on Android via Google Play Store and iOS via Apple TestFlight. You can get the full details on Suka Pass here.