It’s not every day that you get to play a game and have that game’s developer watch you and chat to you about the game, but that’s exactly what we did this week with ToeJam & Earl and co-creator Greg Johnson.
As you may know, TJ&E was our Game of the Month in June, and this retrospective has been planned for quite awhile now, so we’re really excited to finally complete it.
To make things more interesting, Greg and I decided to hold a trivia contest, where people can win signed TJ&E concept art and signed copies of the game!
To enter, correctly answer the following trivia questions and email them to email@example.com with the subject line “ToeJam & Earl trivia contest.” Be sure to give the video retrospective a watch because we answer several of the trivia questions throughout the show, and Greg voices questions 15-17.
Good luck, you funky SEGA Nerds!
- Where is the secret island with the all the presents (not the hole)?
- What was the girl player characters name in game 3?
- What do you get when you drink from the lemonade stand? And what do you get from the hot tub?
- What is the name of the Funkotronian who has a crush on Toejam?
- What is the full name of TJ&E’s rocket ship?
- What is Toejam and Earl’s best friend named? (besides Latisha- more old skool)?
- How can you tell if a mailbox monster is real?
- How do you get Santa’s presents?
- Why should you keep your bad presents?
- (True or False) Earl can eat bad food.
- What’s another benefit of Earl having a longer life bar?
- (True or False) You can give someone an extra life if you die.
- (True or False) You can get bad back your presents from the mole.
- How can you pop up from the sand without using a present (or walking out of the sand)?
- What character says this, “Tra La La?”
- What character is this, “Aloha?”
- What character is this, “Ha Ha Ha!”
- How do you get rid of the cupid?
- What’s the best way to deal with the Hula dancers?
- Where does all funk in the known Universe come from?
- What’s a good strategy for avoiding the Ice Cream Truck?
- What’s the worst present in the game?
- What does it say on Toejam’s Medallion?
- What is Earl’s full name?
- What’s the most bizarre thing that can happen in the game (HINT: It can happen in the elevator)?
The contest will end at 11 a.m. EST on July 27, where we’ll announce the winners on the SEGA Nerdcast.